cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox account

Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox account

Thommas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hej,

I have  a problem. The email account I used when creating my dropbox account isn't valid anymore. I do remember my password. When I try to log in (as described in the upport section), Dropbox says it sends a code to my invalid emailaddress. Is there a way around this? 

I can access my account on my phone. Can I change the email address on the phone?

Best regards

Thommas

20 Replies 20

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @HubbaHubba, sorry to see that you're having this issue.

If you used an email address with a typo, which is non-existent, you won't be able to verify the email in order to change it.

Is this a paid account or a free one?

If it's just a free one, I would suggest you download your files to your computer and basically create a new account, with the correct email and upload them there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    HubbaHubba New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Rezzak Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?