cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Accounts

Combining Accounts

BTG247
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for some help.  I currently have 2 logins for Dropbox. I wanted to change my email address to our main email (we are a business) so that our main email can be the one notified once documents have been uploaded but it will not let me as the main email has a Dropbox account as well. I see there is a way to combine these accounts, is this best solution OR do I need to delete an account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BTG247 wrote:

I wanted to change my email address to our main email (we are a business) so that our main email can be the one notified once documents have been uploaded but it will not let me as the main email has a Dropbox account as well.

Accounts cannot be merged. The way to solve this is to change the email address on the other account to a third email address. That will free up your main email so you can use it on the other account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@BTG247 wrote:

I wanted to change my email address to our main email (we are a business) so that our main email can be the one notified once documents have been uploaded but it will not let me as the main email has a Dropbox account as well.

Accounts cannot be merged. The way to solve this is to change the email address on the other account to a third email address. That will free up your main email so you can use it on the other account.

BTG247
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your help. This worked.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BTG247 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?