cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox Support exist? My account has been hacked

Does Dropbox Support exist? My account has been hacked

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For almost a month now I am trying to retrieve one of our accounts which was hacked and dont have access any longer . I have been contacted By LEX from support and I have replied to the emails multipul times with NO responce.

IS ANYONE OUTTHERE WHO CAN COMMUNICATE AFFECTIVLY IN DROPBOX  SUPPORT PLEASE?

37 Replies 37

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Nina
Its a nightmare dealing with dropbox so far. The technical support picked up my request from here and they emailed me. However they have not yet retrieved my account and i am having trouble making them under4and the request after multi emails back to them. As soon as
I finalise this i will provide feedback here but so far it does not look good.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ninajack831, let's look into this! 

Did you have the time to check your deleted files page, or events page

If you haven't, can you check and keep me posted on the results you find?

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ninajack831
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Meghan 

Thanks for replying! Of course I did those two items, since its the only suggestion on the posted articles. The results I found were that the file is not in deleted files, nor recent events. Another solution would be greatly appreciated. We would love it you could look into this deeper. 

thank you

jcastorgah
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Megan, I have exact the same problem, yesterday afternoon my account was hacked and stolen as well as my yahoo account which is the mail I have to contact me from Dropbox, so I can´t access.   Could you please help me?

jcastorgah
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

Yesterday afternoon, I had an attack from hackers, they stole my yahoo account [personal information removed] and many others accounts related to yahoo between them Dropbox.  The password was changed so can´t access to my dropbox account [personal information removed].

Please help to recover my account, I have a lot of information there.

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jcastorgah wrote:

Yesterday afternoon, I had an attack from hackers ... Please help to recover my account, I have a lot of information there.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
The support have two times closed my ticket I have provided them with everything I have including structure of the folders and they have failed to retrive my account this is a poor outcome to say the list

jcastorgah
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your help but Dropbox Suppot did not help me at all.  

Hopefully someone from Dropbox can do something for me.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jcastorgah wrote:

Thanks for your help but Dropbox Suppot did not help me at all.  

Hopefully someone from Dropbox can do something for me.

Were you able to open a ticket by following the steps I posted above? If so, reply with your ticket number and a Dropboxer may be able to look into it, but Support really is the only group that would be able to do anything about this as only they will have access to your account.

scottl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My account has been hacked. Changed my email and password. I have a premium subscription, but cant get a hold of any support. Need this resolved ASPA. Lots of sensitive info in my dropbox 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Thayne88 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?