cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox Support exist? My account has been hacked

Does Dropbox Support exist? My account has been hacked

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For almost a month now I am trying to retrieve one of our accounts which was hacked and dont have access any longer . I have been contacted By LEX from support and I have replied to the emails multipul times with NO responce.

IS ANYONE OUTTHERE WHO CAN COMMUNICATE AFFECTIVLY IN DROPBOX  SUPPORT PLEASE?

37 Replies 37

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @scottl, welcome to our Community! Let's get right into this. 

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly  while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account. It's best to use an Incognito or Private Browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do so, can you let me know the ticket number so I can locate it in our system? 

Thank you a lot!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Milvian
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

If you are a member of the Dropbox Business workgroup, its administrator may have logged into your account using the Log In as a User function. If necessary, administrators can: View the user's folder structure Grant other users access to files or folders View, open, and download files Delete files and restore deleted files And although hacking services for hire are very common now, hacking of dropbox accounts is extremely rare. I recommend contacting the dropbox support service.

yogi444
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a ticket open and receive an email saying there is an update on the ticket but i need to login to dropbox.com/support.
But when i login there is no Ticket history or option to view it. Here is the ticket# 18298866

Please advise, my account has been hack for almost 2 weeks now and still havent recover yet.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @yogi444, thanks for posting here! 

I just checked into our system and I saw that you have had a new message from our agent, Nina to which you have successfully responded. 

Feel free to share any new info about the case on the ticket, so everything is gathered there.

If you need anything else, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Carolwolfe5151
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I understand your frustration. No one to talk to, chat with or email with for help. Very upsetting.

ITSME07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

Someone has been logged to my account 1 hour ago and i want to know what was made during the session login.

I've tried to download a picture from my account for example, but there is nothing registered in the account "Activity".

How can i contact the support to get the full historic of actions ?

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @ITSME07 

The only data that is available is at www.dropbox.com/events. Support have no other information than what you see there. 

Have you already removed access to the account to the hacker at www.dropbox.com/account/security ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ITSME07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

He wasn't in the list. I only recieved an email that tolds me someone has logged with a Web Brower.

From US, California.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you sure then that the email was either genuine, or, not an error?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ITSME07
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The mail's from 

no-reply@dropbox.com

So an official one i guess...

Maybe an error, i don't know. But i can't have more historic or IP adress that logged with ?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Thayne88 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?