cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File count and folder size?

File count and folder size?

Jimmy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, i cant find the folder size and file count info for my folders online. Where can i see that? Should it not be visible in the folder tree on the login page?

I have to make a quick comparison between the files and folder on my PC and online to check if all files are uploaded or not.

BR Jimmy

12 Replies 12

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

wrote:

It's totally ridiculous that it's impossible to view the simple number of files in a folder, much the less total size of the files in that folder.

You mean like this:

8afa18b7028377d81fa9a09c6d7dbd9b.png

And this:

5309938667f2fe68558b7101064e16e9.png

Just select all files in a folder and you'll get the total number of items selected. For folder size, change one of the column headers to Size, select the folder, then click Calculate size from the menu on the right.

Dominick R.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The website feature that has supposedly been implemented DOES NOT WORK.

The other string on which this same issue is lamented has been "closed" because the moderator declared it to be solved. But it is NOT solved.

I can see only individual file sizes. The folder sizes are indicated as "--"

* Someone else has said: "...Two smallish ones calculated size quickly. One larger one (58 Gb) took three minutes. Two more, one which shouldn't be very big at all and another which should be larger, are still calculating after over an hour...." 

* And so I will say again (but why, I no longer know): the feature DOESN'T WORK, and *IF* it was "calculating," how would the user even know?

* I will also say (with apologies to all Dropbox employees who do not make horrific strategic management decisions to enrich themselves and the customers be damned): Guess what?  For $100 a year you can get FIVE 1TB OneDrives from Microsoft that DO WORK + a bunch of other truly useful things like downloadable Office Suite.

I am sorry to bash & complain about Dropbox. You were a friend once.

But maybe if you had ANY technical support, you would log onto your customers' machines remotely like every other tech company on earth does and see the things that DO NOT WORK.  

Frankly I find it just rude beyond belief that you compel your "Professional version" customers to rely on crowd forums to deal with problems while you advertise incessantly about your new products and only give tech support (or do you even then?) to "Business" users.  

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way & I’ll make sure to check back on the issue you’ve experienced closely & help in the best possible way! 

As I understand that this discrepancy seems to be bothering you, I could make sure to investigate and (if necessary), send your inquiry to a more specialized member of our team. Please raise a ticket with us on our Official Support channel: https://www.dropbox.com/support?ref=dropboxsupport. Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID on your reply, so that I make sure someone gets on it asap. 

Thanks & I'll be awaiting your next post here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Dominick R.2 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    gtc New member | Level 2
    mamomi Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?