cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: URGENT SUPORT COMMUNICATION LOST

Free Account Hacked - Password and e-mail changed

Sasq
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I think someone got the password to my Dropbox account and changed the associated password and e-mail account.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

edit: I see someone else had the same problem, I'll contact support.  Thanks

86 Replies 86

aonderwater
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, they respond in tickets about 2 to 5 days. (remember its the free version you are using)

The support of Dropbox helped me good, but take a lot of time!

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Its been longer than 5 days and they keep closing the case without communicating. This is driving me up the wall

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @HCAhydrographics, how are you today? 

Are you sure you're checking the correct email address and that you don't have a different one? 

Another thing you may want to remember is to reply back to Lex at the email address they have sent you. 

Thanks a lot!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have replied directly to the one received from the email with the account effected also i have replied with a duffrent account email to Lex direct as well the email i have provided periusly here and i have no respince from the suport team as i have no acesss to the ticket durect to see the status. This type of communication needs to be looked at by dropbox. I am doing everything i can to.communicate with them .. can someone look at the email i have provided preciusly to make sure my reply is corect .please or can Lex respond here?

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Just wondering. do we need to pay for an account with dropbox to have access to support or this is a normal type of responce.

I must admit I  have results with every other online service we had hacked and Dropbox is still the last to provide any solution. 

I am really very dissapointed with the way support is able to be available and be clearly contactable for us at this stage as I have tried averything in my power to contact LEX who is still to respond appropriatly after many return email to his original respond.

Yukarichels
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need help accessing my account when the email was hacked, I have tried contacting support and I cant even click the link they gave me that marked my ticket as resolved, not sure why because nothing changed

Yukarichels
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

please email me, I have boudoir shots on my old account that if I give my ID I can prove are mine, these are very important photos to me that the photographer does not have anymore, after I had my son it was the first time I actually felt comfortable in my body and wanted to get them in an portfolio album to myself - for myself only, to begin photography shoots.

it is a folder, and is the only thing in that account I want - I only uploaded dropbox to have the photographer send it so that should be the only thing in the account!

I cannot access my email because they changed my phone number AND all of my information, therefore google wont do jack crap - even after ive offered to give them my ids and information to prove I own that account.

I contacted support and they said the issue was resolved,

everytime I click the ticket link it only pops up to the customer support menu -

there is no option to look up the ticket or even reply to them back,

help!!

I am willing to do the same for this account in order to retrieve these photos!

It would mean the world to me!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Yukarichels wrote:

I cannot access my email because they changed my phone number AND all of my information, therefore google wont do jack crap - even after ive offered to give them my ids and information to prove I own that account.

Unfortunately, without an active device already linked to the account, the only way you'll be able to gain access to the Dropbox account is with the email address associated with the account. Dropbox will not give you access without access to the email address.

Your best option is to keep pushing Google to get your email address back.

Yukarichels
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have not received an email from anyone, I cannot click the ticker reply because when I do it sends me to the main page of contact support.

It is an old email, I have created a new account for school. I also wrote the ticket in this one because it wont allow me to write you unless I have an account already.

It is an old email that the hackers changed the phone number and contact info to so I can no longer access my google.

The old dropbox account has photography photos of me, and I only created that dropbox to retrieve those folders in a folder from my photographer.

I can prove the account and those photos are me, I just need those photos.

The photographer no longer has those photos since the shoot was in 2015, and I never expect someone to hack into my email. I now work in cybersecurity because of it.

my new account is associated with my protected gmail - [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

the old email associated is  [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Yukarichels
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an old active device associated,

it is still active if that helps?

I do not have access to the email.

I only need the photos not access to my account.

Need more support?