cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing RSS Feed

Has the RSS feed been removed?

kimprisk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for the URLof the RSS feed. I have 'Enable RSS feeds' turned on under my account settings.

Some people have suggested their is an orange icon in the 'event' page that one clicks to view but I see no such icon. The events page can only be viewed by changing the  url in my browser to events.

21 Replies 21

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Its the Dropbox software itself, and no, it isnt RSS I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

VDS
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've been chatting with dropbox about this, and I feel this is a very important feature of dropbox.  It is a critical feature for many of us!  We need to let dropbox know how important this feature is and we need to keep this forum going.  Dropbox has made a decision to stop a feature without checking with us, their customers.  We are the one's who need to let them know how important this is.  So, please, let's let Dropbox know in huge numbers!

PLEASE KEEP RSS FEEDS!

Mehran
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same issue , i really need RSS because i don't see any Notification Email about what happen on my Dropbox !!

if you Remove RSS its Ok , just please add Email Notification on any changes (Events) .

Thanks .

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Not meaning to be bearer of bad news but I've never ever known Dropbox to reverse a decision once made (XP, earlier versions of OSx, Public Folder to name a few), so, I can say that with some certainty its unlikely to come back.

I suggest if you want to make your opinions known you post over at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/KEEP-RSS-FEEDS/idi-p/215112 and 'upvote' it.

Also, possible work arounds may be at :

www.dropbox.com/events
www.dropbox.com/recents

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

VDS
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I appreciate your suggestion Mark. If we let our opinion and need be known, and vote to keep RSS feeds, then Dropbox will know. RSS feeds are not similar to the examples you gave. Not like dropping support for XP. This is a decision Dropbox made which they do have control over.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
They will know as they do monitor here, but, in the examples I gave threads were in the hundreds within days of it happening - this one isnt hence saying its probably worth accepting it wont be back.

Mehran
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi mark, i say if dropbox removed RSS its okey, but must add Notification to email. We really need got notification on emails to know what happen in our dropbox, then should RSS back or better (stronger) service for notification to our email lunch.
Thanks.

Imagtor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Mehran is right. If Dropbox decided to remove RSS, then it is highly recommended to offer Email Notification.

kingwinter
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I agree with. I really need something to monitor the change of the dropbox and give me a notice when it happens. The current activity page doesn't help. I have to come to check regularly. 

Mehran, did you find any alternative solution?

JerryFraley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This was an absolutely critical feature used for automated retrieval of audio files which content providers use to distribute files to our radio station.   There are at least 3 providers.    Removal of the RSS feeds creates an error-prone and manual (ie, human) process.   I guess media industry will have to start looking for a more feature-based online sharing solution like Google Drive.  Thanks for no warning, we all love that don't we.

Need more support?