cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the red unread icon in the Windows 11 taskbar?

How to remove the red unread icon in the Windows 11 taskbar?

DolphinSK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Using Microsoft Edge on a Windows 11 X64 PC

I tried to follow the Help Center information related to Unread notifications, but the proposed solution is not the same as what I see when I run through the steps.

Started with Google
Why does my Dropbox have a red 1?
It means that you have unread Dropbox notifications. Learn about how to manage Dropbox notifications.

The search sends you to this Dropbox Help
Sync icons & symbols in the desktop app - Dropbox Help Center

Next DB Help link:  https://help.dropbox.com/sync/sync-icons

Where it's explained that this is a notification issue
Unread notifications
A red circle with a white number on it has nothing to do with syncing. It means that you have unread Dropbox notifications. Learn about how to manage Dropbox notifications.

This links to "Learn about how to manage Dropbox notifications," which opens a second Help Center article entitled "How to turn on Dropbox notifications"
https://help.dropbox.com/account-settings/notified-changes

The next link sends you to the article "How to view your Dropbox preferences in the taskbar or menu bar"
https://help.dropbox.com/account-settings/view-preferences

My Dropbox taskbar icon does not display any type of avatar, and therefore I cannot click "Preferences." I give a more detailed explanation of what I see, which is very different from what the article suggests.

Running Win11 X64.
When I click on the Dropbox icon on the taskbar, where the red number 1 notification is displayed, I do not see an avatar (profile picture or initials) in the the top-right corner, or anywhere else.
The only info. displayed is a list of files and folders synced, an indicator that reads "Your files are up to date", with an option to pause sync for 30 minutes, 1 hour, Until tomorrow or Indefinitely.
Lastly there is an Upgrade button.
This has been displayed constantly for at least the last 6 months, and I am now trying to find a resolution.

Thank you for any advice.

2022-12-09 16.07.00 Dropbox icon in taskbar -red 1 -Dropbox desktop up-to-date Screenshot.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DolphinSK wrote:

I do not see an avatar (profile picture or initials) in the the top-right corner, or anywhere else.

It looks like you're cutting off the top of the window. The avatar icon is in the upper-right corner, along with the other icons. See mine here, a cat icon.

b00195ee4f53c3f5311433dcd513b505.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DolphinSK wrote:

I do not see an avatar (profile picture or initials) in the the top-right corner, or anywhere else.

It looks like you're cutting off the top of the window. The avatar icon is in the upper-right corner, along with the other icons. See mine here, a cat icon.

b00195ee4f53c3f5311433dcd513b505.png

DolphinSK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, @Rich.  Darn resolution / magnification on my display. I had an inkling something wasn’t right, but didn’t bother to try that.  Fixed for now.  I’m sure it will be back, but it will be dealt with. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DolphinSK Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?