cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track down multiple Dropbox accounts

How to track down multiple Dropbox accounts

Polite2U
New member | Level 2

My boss has several Dropbox accounts tied to old email addresses which we can no longer access.  He also currently has two paid DropBox accounts that he is paying for and both have email addresses he can't access.  I need help in cleaning up and combining all these accounts so he has one main account.  I can't figure out how to go about it.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Polite2U wrote:

My boss has several Dropbox accounts tied to old email addresses which we can no longer access.

If he doesn't remember the passwords for those accounts or he's being prompted to enter a one-time security code during sign-in, then he won't be able to gain access to those accounts. You need an active email address to receive password resets and security codes.

He also currently has two paid DropBox accounts that he is paying for and both have email addresses he can't access.

He can contact Support and they'll help cancel any future billing, but if he's not able to sign in, like above, he won't be able to gain access to the accounts.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

https://www.dropbox.com/support/billing-issues

I need help in cleaning up and combining all these accounts so he has one main account.

There's no way to combine accounts. If you're able to sign in to any of them, make sure the email address is changed to a valid email on each account (must be unique per account) and use a shared folder between the accounts to move files into one account that you intend to keep.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?