cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with dropbox window in windows 10 taskbar window

Issue with dropbox window in windows 10 taskbar window

JLH80
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to move my dropbox from my ssd to a hard drive on my Dell laptop.  I read an article on how to do it, and it seems easy enough.  My problem is that when I click on my dropbox icon in my windows 10 overflow taskbar, it opens a window and the top part is cut off.  I can't access settings and preferences.  It shows the bottom half of one button "you" and the other "shared".  So  I can't access the Move option.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using Win 10 pro latest version on Dell laptop.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JLH80 wrote:

... when I click on my dropbox icon in my windows 10 overflow taskbar, it opens a window and the top part is cut off.

CTRL-click the icon for the legacy menu. You'll need to do it twice as the first time it will open off-screen as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JLH80 wrote:

... when I click on my dropbox icon in my windows 10 overflow taskbar, it opens a window and the top part is cut off.

CTRL-click the icon for the legacy menu. You'll need to do it twice as the first time it will open off-screen as well.

JLH80
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm new at this.  What is the legacy menu?  Thanks for your help.

JLH80
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sorry, I didn't understand.  I was able to figure it out.  Thanks so much for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JLH80 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?