cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts?

Multiple accounts?

tom-pitegoff
Explorer | Level 3

My wife logs into dropbox with her own email. I use three email addresses for myself, but my wife and I seem to be looking at the same files (at least when I am logged into one of those accounts.) My wife today received this message from Dropbox: "Notice: your files are about to stop synching, Elaine." She forwarded the email to me. I clicked on "view your account" and I got a window that said "Your account is running out of storage! Upgrade your plan for more space and powerful features." I believe that I already have my own upgraded account that she accesses. Do we need to do something? How can I combine these accounts into one family account? How can I actually find out what accounts we have? One appears to be with an email I no longer use.

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tom-pitegoff, thanks for joining our Community!

It does sound like your wife has a Dropbox account that is running out of space.

If you want to be using different accounts, she could either upgrade hers, or take a look at this page with info on how to get some bonus space.

If your upgraded account is an individual one (Plus, Professional), you won't be able to share your space with your wife.

And if you have any folders that you share between you, that might be causing her account to go over quota.

But if you'd like to combine these accounts into one, you can take a look at the info here.

Lastly, we do offer a Family plan, so you can take a look here, to see if that is something you'd like to look into.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tom-pitegoff
Explorer | Level 3

Where can I find the price of a family account and a description of how it works? I access Dropbox with two different emails, and I saw that Dropbox still recognizes an email I no longer use, which I'd like to delete (without deleting any data). One is an email I no longer use. Can I combine these emails into one account with access for my wife? How would I do that?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey Tom!

You can see an overview of the Family plan and lots of info about it here.

As for the accounts, what you could do is figure out which accounts you have under each email address, then download any files you want from the accounts you don't need and then upload those files to the account you actually use.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    tom-pitegoff Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?