cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Minus what does the icon mean?

Orange Minus what does the icon mean?

JWMS
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello-

A couple of days ago, my Dropbox files suddently had an orange minus sign and the content was unavailable. I Googled the symbol, and uninstalled OneDrive---without success. This may be associated with a problem I've had since starting Dropbox---I seem to have two accounts. When I Iog into Dropbox.com, I get one set of a few folders that I almost never use; that also happens after clearing my Firefox cache.  On my file manager, when I save files, they go to a different Dropbox location that I can't access using Dropbox.com.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

21 Replies 21

JWMS
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks--the link showed how to delete Backups, and I think I just want to disable backup.  However, this thread has solved my main problem (minus sign in orange box, unable to access files) by having me reinstall Dropbox.  For the questions of file locations, etc. I'll get my grandson to help me. (Will all of the suggestions and responses be available to me for a few weeks?)    Dropbox might consider a program "Dropbox for Seniors" which would be simpler for someone who is not a techie---kind of like the Jitterbug phone vs. an IPhone...........

You have all been very responsive---------thanks!  JWMS

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Deleting the backups basically means disabling them in this case, but thanks for your feedback, @JWMS!

We appreciate all your comments and I will inform the team about your thoughts.

I'm glad this thread solved a part of the issue and, of course, it will remain here and all the info will be available. 

You can also reply back at any time, if you need anything else!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    JWMS Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?