cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stop asking for me to upgrade i cant afford it

Please stop asking for me to upgrade i cant afford it

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3

Please stop asking me to upgrade I can't afford it I've had seven emails yodayb asking I DONT WANT TO UPGRADE Please stop or I will cancel account

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Buddy1hound, thanks for flagging this with us.

Do I understand correctly that you got the same email notification to upgrade your account 7 different times today? Or was the content of those emails different?

I assume you've already did that, but could you confirm that they're all coming from an official Dropbox domain?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3
Yes all from the Dropbox account I have no problem I will just close account if they can't stop asking me to upgrade I just cant afford to upgrade with cost of living crisis and pending ulez expansion.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Buddy1hound, do you perhaps see an unsubscribe button at the bottom of those emails? 

Can you try it, to see if it helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3
No there isn't I'm not great at computers I hate cumminity yhings as all I get is people guessing I just want someone from Dropbox to look at problem damm it I will just loose all the photos of my late mother and father and close my account how bloody hard is it to get a answer from the company I've now had another 4 emails asking for me to upgrade I really wish I could but can't afford unless I don't pay for gas or electric bit needs to stop its driving me mad

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3
After losing the use of my legs and arm in afghan war and with rent increase and food increases and utility I JUST DONT HAVE ANY MORE MONEY AND DONT NEED DROPBOX HARRASING ME TO UP DATE NOW 12 TIMES IN ONE DAY TO UPDATE STOP IT I GIVE UP

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Buddy1hound, could you maybe send me a screenshot of the emails you've received, asking you to upgrade? 

Is it possible that your account's storage is getting full? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3
Yes it is full but I can't afford to upgrade how do I delete it is driving me made I didn't put on phone my late father did I have no idea with computers I don't know how to do a screen shot will throw away.soon as it's effecting my health it's good off 7 times since 6 am today

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Buddy1hound, keep in mind that these notifications are expected if you've reached your allocated quota. 

Do you receive those warnings as email notifications only, or from your Dropbox app as well? 

You should be having the option to unsubscribe from the emails, on the bottom part of the body structure. If you don't see the option there, I could provide you with the steps on how to take a screenshot, if you could let me know the OS you're using. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Buddy1hound
Explorer | Level 3
Please just tell me how to delete it I've had enough it kept me awake at night enough is enough
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Buddy1hound Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?