cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing myself (and my files) from a business account I accidentally was added to

Removing myself (and my files) from a business account I accidentally was added to

powerpuff123
New member | Level 2

I recently bought a bigger storage level on here, then a client added me to her dropbox folders but since she has a business account it made me join her account so she's the admin of all my folders, which made Dropbox reimburse me since they said I was on her account now. I don't want to be on her account, how do I separate my account from her business account?

5 Replies 5

Re: Removing myself (and my files) from a business account I accidentally was added to

Mark
Super User II

You need to get the Business Admin to remove you from the Business team - note remove not delete! If she deletes it your account is deleted. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

RE: How to remove personal files from Business account

Navneet Chahal
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

Mistakenly I migrated my personal folder in someone's business dropbox account. I am the only one having access to that folder but I want to remove it. After I remove it the file moved to deleted files. Now I want to remove it permanently but I don't have permission. How can I solve this

Re: RE: How to remove personal files from Business account

Rich
Super User II

@Navneet Chahal wrote:

Now I want to remove it permanently but I don't have permission.

It sounds like the admin for your team has disable the ability to permanently delete files. You'll either need to ask the team admin to enable this setting, or ask them to do it for you.

Linked accounts

gregzinser
New member | Level 2

I want to unlink my personal account from a business account and cannot find a way to disconnect the personal account.

Re: Linked accounts

Rich
Super User II

@gregzinser wrote:

I want to unlink my personal account from a business account and cannot find a way to disconnect the personal account.

Refer to the following help article:

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    gregzinser New member | Level 2
    Navneet Chahal New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?