cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies to Mitch emails are bounced

Replies to Mitch emails are bounced

Divad
Explorer | Level 3

MITCH,

I have sent many emails to you and have not received any response. I have used the same email address  with each email to you originating from your first personal answer to my issue. I have sent screenshots by your request. Apparently, the support email you use bounces my emails.

To review: 
1, I received an email  to use dropbox and sent a password to allow access to acquire the file.
2, Attempt to  use access code and password. This took days and failed.
3, Tried a day later with the same result; with notice that my account had inadequate storage. I then purchased more storage, 2000GB=2tb, then tried again. Still no download, but notice that my account storage is full and must increase to 3tb. 
QUESTION- how can this happen? The dropbox file, 2.8GB, for me to retrieve is being held hostage; I paid the ransom. Then notice said the ransom has increased with a new plan for 3TB. I have yet to see dropbox work at all except for MONEY.
4, When will I find reliable help with this and a solution to the dropbox inconsistency?
5, I hope that you get this.

Pissed and out of ransom money,
8 Replies 8

Re: replies to Mitch emails are bounced

Mark
Super User II

Sorry but you really need to explain who "Mitch" is and what exactly the issue is - nobody can help otherwise.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Divad, how are you today?

Do you have a ticket number, so I can locate it on our system and help you further with this? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Divad
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning Megan,

Hope you get this reply.

The ticket number is Ticket #18007023.

I will not be here to sit at the computer all day and shall return after 5:00P.

Thanks 

Divad

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @Divad, sorry to jump in here, but would you mind explaining your issue a bit more?

Did someone share a folder with you, which you are unable to access?

Shared folders take up space in the accounts of all the members, so if someone invited you and the folder was larger than 2 GB, your account would be full.

If I understood the issue correctly, you might want to ask the person who shared the folder with you, to share a "can view" link to the folder instead.

That way you can access it and it won't affect your Dropbox space.

Let me know if I misunderstood your issue or if you have any questions.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Divad
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah.

Thanks for droping in. Please read in my review point 3. The file is 2.8gb and I paid for 2tb; plenty of space. Only to be told to buy 3tb for a file that is 2.8gb. 

Do I need to purchase space for ALL account members? I am receiveing this file to download.

'Can veiw' will that make the file downloadable?

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Divad, I hope you're doing well!

I was able to locate your ticket number, and I can see that Mitch has been on the case, working with you in order to resolve it. 

Feel free to send any error messages, or additional info back to the email communication you have with him, so he can keep everything as one place. 

Now, in regards to your questions, if someone shared the folder with you, and you have enough space you should be able to add it to your Dropbox account. Do you have a problem downloading the content locally, using the web? 

Also, when you give someone viewing permissions, they can indeed download the file, unless you're using specific settings available to Professional and business users that prevent that. 

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Divad
Explorer | Level 3

Megan

As stated in my review, I have 'freely' sent many emails to Mitch with screen shots, only to have them return 'undeliverable.' That is the beginning of the issue.

As to file sharing, yes the service of dropbox is downloading the content locally to my computer, using the web. The file originates by a link and passcode or password - download fail after 3 days. I have lost trust in the functionality of dropbox and spent far TOO much time in this community forum for timely resolution of this. I have better things to do.

Hannah
Dropboxer

I see in the ticket you sent us the number to, that Mitch has sent you a reply. Did you have the time to check it?

I think the info he provides will give you some insight on what might be the issue. 

In any case, thanks for your feedback, Divad, I will make sure to pass it along to our team.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Divad Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?