cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respect the email settings and stop sending emails

Respect the email settings and stop sending emails

Peter VARGA
Helpful | Level 5

I disabled any kind of emails and you continue sending emails which I don't want to receive. You violate the EU GDPR which can become very expensive for a US company.

Forward this post to the manager who is in charge and he should advise the development department to respect the settings.

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Peter VARGA, thanks for flagging this with us.

Can you please let us know the content or the theme of the email you received from Dropbox and confirm that you've disabled all email notifications from your account's settings online?

Do you see an 'unsubscribe' button in the email you got perhaps?

Keep us posted and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Peter VARGA
Helpful | Level 5
Walter,

Of course there is a unsubscribe link and I deselected all.

However, according to the EU the unsubscribe option must be implemented very easy and it's not allowed to hide it behind a login.

Please forward this message to your legal department that they check it and once they approved what I am writing, some person with sufficient rights instructs your programmers to change it.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @Peter VARGA 

Thanks for reporting this issue. You should not have received any emails if you were unsubscribed.

We are looking into why this happened so that our users are not receiving unwanted emails. If you receive any additional emails from us, feel free to reply here to let us know and I will pass that information onto the appropriate team.

Regards,

Ben

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    Peter VARGA Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?