cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to access an account with no access to the email address associated with it

Trying to access an account with no access to the email address associated with it

DC1123
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to access my dropbox however the email assigned to is no longer active therefore I can change my email or the password. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account OR a device already signed in there is nothing you can do I'm afraid. 

You will need to reactivate the email etc. to be able to log on.

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DC1123
New member | Level 2

Thank you. Is it possible to cancel it then or move it to another email? The previous is email was an institutional email and now it is deactivated so when Dropbox sends a code, I cant access it. 

Rich
Super User II

@DC1123 wrote:

Is it possible to cancel it then or move it to another email?

If it was a paid account you can contact Dropbox Support and they'll remove any future billing, but there's no way to gain access to the Dropbox account without access to the email address associated with it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    DC1123 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?