cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Two Personal Dropbox Accounts with different Plans in the same Laptop

Two Personal Dropbox Accounts with different Plans in the same Laptop

yulianwardhana
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Community Support,
Newby here.

My intent: to have two personal dropbox account:
1st account with basic plan - been using this already and works like a charm. No intent to share.

2nd account will have family plan - files to be shared with fam members.

I just created my 2nd account (different email account) in the same machine. Want to upgrade this 2nd account to be Family Plan.

a) Would this intent meet the objective?
b) Will I see two different dropbox folders in my machine (file explorer)? If need to be re-setting, how? Don't want to loose the 1st account access.

c) Would it be easy to switch between two accounts in a browser? I saw my browser goes to the 2nd account everytime I call dropbox in the browser.

d) one of fam members using IOS. Would this be possible to share files between to operating system?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@yulianwardhana wrote:
... is it possible to have two personal accounts in the same machine and sync

No. You can link a personal and Business account together so they will both sync, but it's not possible to link multiple personal accounts to the same computer. The only way to sync multiple personal accounts to the same computer would be if each Dropbox account was associated with a different user account on the computer.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @yulianwardhana, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

At the moment it's possible to link a personal Dropbox account with a Dropbox Business team account, for both to be accessible using the Dropbox application.

If you want, you can up-vote this relevant idea, to show your support.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yulianwardhana
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Hannah
Thanks for providing the input. My intent is having two personal accounts, and not inteded for having a business account. I may confuse with the dropbox term personal family and business professional, but I believe they have different plans respectively.

So then, the question remains, is it possible to have two personal accounts in the same machine and sync, with one account with personal plan multi-users, and another one just personal basic plan? Or do I have to give up the one with basic?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@yulianwardhana wrote:
... is it possible to have two personal accounts in the same machine and sync

No. You can link a personal and Business account together so they will both sync, but it's not possible to link multiple personal accounts to the same computer. The only way to sync multiple personal accounts to the same computer would be if each Dropbox account was associated with a different user account on the computer.

tedwalker125
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I currently have a personal and business dropbox account. However, I have another business that I would like to create a team account for. Is this possible? So I would have one personal and 2 separate business accounts all running through the desktop app?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tedwalker125 wrote:

So I would have one personal and 2 separate business accounts all running through the desktop app?

You can create a second business account, but you can't link it to another business account like you are with your current accounts. You can only link a single personal account with a single Business account. You're not able to link two personal accounts or two business accounts, and there's no way to link a third account of either type.

tedwalker125
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, but these would sit side by side in the desktop app?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@tedwalker125 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but these would sit side by side in the desktop app?

Yes they would. 

You'd have 2 Dropbox folders on your machine and both would work like they currently do. So one would be something like "Ted Walker (Personal)" and the other in your company name. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tedwalker125
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you very much

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 7

I have a windows computer with  multiple  userid's ( loging's )  and each user has  there own dropbox  id/account --- Is anyone running dropbox  on windows this way? 

Need more support?