cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating to new email address. Do I need to change the permissions of my folders?

Updating to new email address. Do I need to change the permissions of my folders?

mbvogeler
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I need to update the email address associated with my business account.  The old email address is being deleted.  Do i need to change the owner of all folders that were created under the old email address before I update the account with new email address?  I don't want to lose access to all of the folders.  Will I need to assign new permissions for all of the folders once the email address is updated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mbvogeler wrote:

Do i need to change the owner of all folders that were created under the old email address before I update the account with new email address? ... Will I need to assign new permissions for all of the folders once the email address is updated?

Folder ownership and permissions are tied to your account; not your email address. You can change the email address on your account without it affecting your files and shares.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@mbvogeler wrote:

Do i need to change the owner of all folders that were created under the old email address before I update the account with new email address? ... Will I need to assign new permissions for all of the folders once the email address is updated?

Folder ownership and permissions are tied to your account; not your email address. You can change the email address on your account without it affecting your files and shares.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?