cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access desktop app preferences

access desktop app preferences

Stephen Porter
New member | Level 2

I can't seem to find the preferences window.  Instructions say I should click the dropbox icon in the taskbar then click on the "gear" in the upper right corner.  It's not there.  What I see when I click on the dropbox icon in the taskbar looks like a folder window with folders marked as synced or being synced.  What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Try right clicking or control clicking on it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Stephen Porter
New member | Level 2

Right click or control-click on the task bar dropbox icon gave the same result - no "gear" in either upper corner.

Mark
Super User II

Some of the newer versions dont have a gear (I wonder if you are on an old help article). 

On the pop up in the top right window should be a circle with either your initials or image if you've set one up. You need to click on that

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Stephen Porter New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?