Did you mean: 

Add attachment using stock iOS 11 Mail app is no longer functioning

SOLVED
54 Comments
32 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5

Add attachment using stock iOS 11 Mail app is no longer functioning

iOS 11 is no longer working with Dropbox to add a Mail attachment.

Mail > Compose Message > in the body choose Add Attachment > Locations > Dropbox

iCloud Drive, OneDrive, and two others worked fine.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 5

Re: Add attachment using stock iOS 11 Mail app is no longer functioning

My original issue is fixed now. The attachment function works on stock iOS 11 Mail app on the iPhone now.

54 Replies
Level 6

This is exactly what I have done. I thought Dropbox had been supposed to have worked towards iOS11 with Apple??? I can use the old method as explained to insert a iCloud file but NOT from Dropbox 😖
Level 6

Do you suppose Apple did something on purpose, so Dropbox won’t work, forcing everyone to move to iCloud storage??

Level 5

No this is just a bug.
Level 6

Yep. I am having the same problem. Which means I am chained to my desk until this get fixed, or I have to leave Dropbox after what, a decade?
Level 6

Reported this yesterday . . .

Thanks for reporting this problem. Without you, other customers could have experienced this same issue. You’re helping us make Dropbox better for all our customers.

I relayed the details of your problem to our engineering team. From here, they’ll evaluate the problem and work toward a solution.

I can’t say exactly how long this will take. Depending on the nature of the issue, it could take a day, a few weeks, or longer. I’ll keep a close watch on the team’s progress and let you know as soon as I have an update.

Regards,
Enzo
Level 6

It’s worse for me. I DON’T HAVE A DESKTOP, since I switched to all iPad all the time last year. This is a basic feature, not some “edge case” for users. It should be top priority to fix!

Level 6

It s annoying because the other major players in the cloud don't have the same problem!  If it continues I will move everything from Dropbox to another provider.

Level 6

I agree, I posted in other thread that this upgrade is disappointing and I have given it a week before we move on. We reviewed Box and liked it. Half my agents defected today so we set up our admins with box. We have paid accounts so I hope it gets resolved (as well as ios drag and drop). Native IOS mail attachments are intolerable. Drag and drop on ipad makes it worth. Do look at Box on both ipad and iphone to see what Dropbox should offer.

Spark email attachments work
Level 6

Still no improvement.  To say that Dropbox were involved in iOS 11 development and testing and it is now days since the launch makes this situation unacceptable.  Being able to Include attachments is a key feature for a cloud storage provider!