cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't see files in shared folder.

Can't see files in shared folder.

Prepress
New member | Level 1

I'm using a shared folder that someone else created. They are providing me files through it. They are saying they uploaded files and see a green checkmark but I don't see the file on my end. It worked with one of their files, but all the others are not visible to me . . . why might this be?

20 Replies 20

jcminor
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same problem. On Dropbox.com, I can open a shared folder that's empty on my end up definitely has files on their end.

quesst
New member | Level 2

plus one

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hi quesst

I'm just reaching back out to you about that. Are you still having this issue with the shared folder? 

If you could tell me more details regarding that, it would be a pleasure to follow-up. 

Also, can you please make sure that the following criteria are met?

- Are you running the latest version of the application? You can download the latest version here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading

- Is it possible that you have left the shared folder? If so, you can "Add" it back from the "Sharing" tab of your account. 

- Can you check your connection? 

- Certain files from one computer might not be syncing to another because of: https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/files-not-syncing

If this does not help, please let me know in your reply!

Kind Regards,

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

twhitelaw
Helpful | Level 5

This is definitely an ongoing problem!  I think everyone just got tired of waiting for a response since it was months between saying their complaint was unresolved and getting a response back from Dropbox.

This happens to me when I create a new folder within a shared folder.  All of the people who have access to the shared folder CANNOT see the new folder I have created, nor can they access the contents.  When I go to share the folder within the shared folder, I get a message saying I can only share the folder with a link because it's in a folder that is already shared.  Even when I send the link to the person, with whom I've already shared the folder, they cannot then see the folder within the folder.  If we ever look for the folder in the future, they have to find where I sent them the link rather than simply having the contents there within the already shared folder.  This is very frustrating.  This is all on dropbox.com, not the desktop synced version.

kerichter
New member | Level 2

https://simonhackett.com/2013/04/05/dropbox-sharing-doesnt-work-and-the-fi/

This may be the solution to your problem as I was also looking for a solution to the same problem.

twhitelaw
Helpful | Level 5

Nope, definitely not the problem.

Rachel C.10
Explorer | Level 4

This doesn't answer the question. I am the creator of a Shared Folder. The people I shared the folder with have been able to access documentso not in the folder for the last two years.  Now when I add further documents to the folder, although I see them in my Dropbox, they do not appear in the Dropbox of the people I share with. I believe I still have space as the icon at the top right-hand corner says I have used only about 60% of the space. All of the recipients of my shared folder have ample space. So, what is the problem.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
I suggest you write in to our support team here, so one of our agents can investigate and assist, with your account in context. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

fredw
Explorer | Level 3

Grrr! That link (https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/files-not-syncing) gets an not found (404)

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Hey @fredw, welcome to our community! 

Sorry about that link. Try this one :wink: 

Have a great weekend :sunglasses:

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?