cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see files in shared folder.

Can't see files in shared folder.

Prepress
New member | Level 1

I'm using a shared folder that someone else created. They are providing me files through it. They are saying they uploaded files and see a green checkmark but I don't see the file on my end. It worked with one of their files, but all the others are not visible to me . . . why might this be?

20 Replies 20

Kaz
Dropbox Staff

This could be down to a few things! Can you see the files on Dropbox.com? If you can then it is your computer that is not syncing. If you can't see the files on Dropbox.com, then you are likely not viewing a shared folder. You can use the steps here to check: 

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share-with-others

Prepress
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the response Kaz. I am looking on Dropbox.com. And I'm sure it's a shared folder. I've received some file successfully through the shared folder—but the majority are not showing up. Any other ideas?

Timothy L.3
New member | Level 2

Seeing the same problem here.  Certain files won't show up under the shared folder (even on Dropbox.com), and the sharer must send me an explicit link to that one file even though I can view the contents of the folder.

Nitya C.
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same issue! We both checked to ensure we have enough space on our dropbox, and we do. The files show on my end (as uploaded - both on my computer and the web), but not hers.

Stephanie W.2
New member | Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Someone shared a folder with me, and she can see the files (website backups) on her end, but on my end I get a message saying that the folder is empty.

Nathan K.3
New member | Level 1

Yup.  I'm experiencing the exact same issue, and it's getting incredibly frustrating to be paying for a service from a company that provides NO customer service.  How does one go about getting Dropbox to address this issue?

Jeff G.9
New member | Level 1

Having the same issue here.  I am the owner of the folder that is shared with six other people.  The latest person added can see the various folders inside the shared folder, and open them, but there are no files.   The other five see all folders and files. 

katiemomo
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue!  Using Dropbox.com and shared folders.  Some can be seen, some can't.  Very frustrating.

waltercb2
New member | Level 2
Since there was no further response from Dropbox, this was not very helpful. I have the same problem.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jeff G.9 New member | Level 1
    Nathan K.3 New member | Level 1
    Stephanie W.2 New member | Level 1
    Nitya C. New member | Level 1
    Timothy L.3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?