Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Can't see where comments have been posted

Level 2

Hello,

I am struggling to see comments on documents uploaded in dropbox. I can see the comments in the side bar of the document but I cannot see which part of the document each comment relates to. As it's a long document, a long list of comments where I don't know the part of the document they refer to is not very helpful!

Many thanks in advance

20 Replies

comments targets

Level 2

Hi Guys!

We use a lot of the comments in the pdf we share. Until now when we clicked on the comment, we were redirected to the place of the document where was the comment and since this morning it is no longer the case! Does anyone have an idea why? it's an option to check?

Many thanks for your help on this !

Re: Can't see where comments have been posted

Level 3

Hello,

I am also having this issue. Using DropBox's commenting system on Dropbox.com, I can see all the comments made on a PDF, but I can't see the comment page reference that use to show what page number the comments were made on. Any suggestions on how to get this back? I'm working with a document that has dozens of comments that are all now pretty worthless without knowing which page they were originally made on.

Dropboxer
Hey there @hanbagz,

To have a better look at this issue I’d like to go through our Support channel so that I have access to all my tools while looking at this with you. Would you mind if I reach out to your email address associated with your Community profile?

If you already have a ticket open with our team about this, please feel free to let me know the ticket reference number so that I can follow up there (eg.#1234567).

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Dropboxer
Hey there @Bill15 and @Users,

I've merged the thread here to enable us to have a further look into this, please either let me know if you would like me to reach out to your emails as mentioned in my previous post, or let me know your ticket no# if you have already submitted one.

Thanks peeps!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Thanks @Daphne. I would like an email update. Problem is I'm not sure which email address is associated with our account. 

Dropboxer
Hey @Bill15,

I just reached out to the email address, due to our Community guidelines I can’t post the email address here for you. It should be the same email address associated with your Dropbox account.

However, to double check you can click the Dropbox logo in the top left of your web page while on the Community. This should redirect you to the Dropbox account you are signed into and you can go to your Account page from there to check your email address.

Let me know if you don’t receive my email - Thanks!

Daphne

I can't see the location of comments made on my file

Level 2

I use Dropbox to share design files with me team and they typically use comments to call out specific areas they'd like changes. However on my latest project all the location tags have disappeared. I know that they were there yesterday as I scrolled through to preview, but this morning the comments are still there but the location tags are gone. I've tried refreshing the page and using different browsers. Any solutions out there? Thanks!

Re: I can't see the location of comments made on my file

Dropboxer
Hey @briab,

I’ve merged your post into this thread here, can you check my response here and let me know what works best for you.

Thanks!

Daphne

Level 2

Thanks @daphne. Yes, please reach out to my email. I appreciate the attentiveness.

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can't see where comments have been posted
20 Replies
3 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post