Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Creating shortcuts within a Dropbox folder

Level 2

How can I create a folder within a folder? I am sharing a dropbox folder with friends so we can share our photos and want to have some form of organization.

3 Replies

Re: Creating shortcuts within a Dropbox folder

Dropboxer
Hey there (@cojwhit), assuming that you’re currently using our website, kindly note that you could easily go about creating a new folder inside the share by navigating on the right-hand side of your browsing window. From there, you can move the files you’d need to place inside the newly-created folder through the Move option (tip: it’s on the on the 💬).

Spoiler
CreateNewFolder.png

Please bear in mind that the new folder will inherit the sharing rights from the parent folder however you can check out a few workarounds on this matter on this resource here

Whenever you get a chance to check my pointers, please let me know how you get on with my advice on our discussion here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Jane,

This is exactly what I needed.  I was unclear if the icons on the right would help increating subfolders or just new stand alone folders.

Thanks!

Dropboxer
Perfect (@cojwhit); happy to hear that this is a bit more clear now Dart & I appreciate it that you circled back to me to let me know. 

We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries in the future, so don't hesitate to reach back out on the Dropbox Community at any time. Happy sharing 👥 & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Creating shortcuts within a Dropbox folder
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post