cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to see all shared folders

Ability to see all shared folders

Victory D.
New member | Level 2

I have a folder I would like to share but it gives me an error saying I can't share because there is a shared folder below. How do I find this folder to move it? There are hundreds of folders and no hint anywhere as to where it might be. I guess I could start trying to share sub branches but this is going to take forever especially if there are multiple ones. I went to the Sharing tab on Dropbox.com but none of my shared folders show there.

Latest Update
Walter
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Thank you for your suggestion, and if you have another idea to share, please do! 

You can find out more about this feature here and get support or provide feedback in Ask the
Status changed to: Closed
48 Comments
samuelT
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there

(I hope this is not already somewhere else posted.)

Was stumbling across this thread as I searched the web for a solution for the exact same problem. Looks like Dropbox has removed a privacy related option (who knows after years which folders he joined..?)!

As I totally agree with all of you, I wanted to contact Dropbox directly (actually, still preparing the e-mail).

Then I came across a hidden workaround, though not a ideal solution:

1. Make sure you're signed in to dropbox.com

2. Go to this URL: https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/sharing

3. Click "Email now"

4. Look at the dropdown in "Which shared folder or shared link are you having trouble with?" There you go with the shared-folder list. At least you now know the folder-names

This actually proves, that it would be no problem for Dropbox to integrate the same functionality again.

As I said, not a solution, but a workaround as long as this feature is not available.

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: If you cannot see the dropdown, make sure your ad-blocker is disabled and reload the page.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @samuelT - Great thinking outside the box! :wink: 

I know it's not much of a solution rather than a mere workaround but this suggestion might actually help a lot of people that stumbled upon similar issues while searching for their shares. 

In regards to your feedback, by all means go ahead and submit a ticket to let the team know about this and note that I am passing your comments along to our dev team for consideration internally too. 

Should you ever need anything else, just let us know and we'll take it from there! Thank you and have a lovely day!

samuelT
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walt3R

I submitted a ticket yesterday right after my post here and got already a reply this morning. They will forward the request to their dev team - let's hope we have the functionality back soon.

Best

Sam

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for keeping me posted Sam ( @samuelT) - I appreciate it. 

While I cannot promise anything on this, I made sure that your comments reach the appropriate department. 

Once again, thanks for the little tweak you provided and have a lovely day! 

tusenkonstnar
Explorer | Level 3

I have also submitted a ticket for this right now so I will wait and see. I like Dropbox but this is really a dealbreaker from security perspective, I hate the work of migrating but if this is not solved I will have to move both my private and the companys data to some other cloud solution that is design (like Dropbox used to be) in a way that is not begging the users to do misstakes and accidently let people keep access they should not have.

RespeqT
New member | Level 2

That's the problem with cloud services. You never know what's gonna happen and then the "resistance is futile"... 😞
Totally BS they removed this feature. I' don't want to think of all the clueless dp users which are not confident with large file structures... a security nightmare!

Michael G.78
New member | Level 2

I can only concur with what has already been stated in all the previous posts on this thread. Being able to see ALL shared folders in one place is a CRITICAL function for Dropbox. I have been paying for Dropbox for years, but should this function not be re-introduced shortly, I will terminate my account and move to a competitor who actually cares about what their customers want! Totally unacceptable!

samuelT
Helpful | Level 5

@Michael G.78- Totally agree, I'll cancel my subscription within the next year.

Edit: Just cancelled, it's way too expensive, too. A plan between 0 and 1TB would be nice, but whatever, they're not listening to the community anyway. I'll switch back to oneDrive.

LJW60
New member | Level 2

Is there an easy way to veiw all shared folders with access to delete old shared members of a folder?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi there, currently it isn’t possible to view all shared folders on your account. 

You’ll need to navigate through the folder structure to locate the folders.

I’ll forward your suggestion to to dev team for their consideration in future to improve the site further!
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

11 votes received