cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Download limit reached

Download limit reached

SteveAL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So my link was deactivated, due to reaching a download limit. 

What arre the limits on each of the paid plans?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hi @SteveAL, If you are a Dropbox Plus, Professional, or Business subscriber, your bandwidth limit is 200 GB per day: The total amount of traffic that all of your links and file requests combined can generate. More info - https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/banned-links 

View solution in original post

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

@SteveAL: In case of free/basic accounts, it is 20 GB and 100,000 downloads per day

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hi @SteveAL, If you are a Dropbox Plus, Professional, or Business subscriber, your bandwidth limit is 200 GB per day: The total amount of traffic that all of your links and file requests combined can generate. More info - https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/banned-links 

SteveAL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks.  Do you know what the limit is on the free account I have now?

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

@SteveAL: In case of free/basic accounts, it is 20 GB and 100,000 downloads per day

SteveAL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

TY

information
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi why does it mean 20gb and 100,000 download? does it mean that if the  file were small in kb will be stopped download if exceed 100,000 download even though did not exceed 20gb? and if file were big  like 10gb then 2nd download will be the limit bandwith?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@information wrote:

does it mean that if the  file were small in kb will be stopped download if exceed 100,000 download even though did not exceed 20gb? and if file were big  like 10gb then 2nd download will be the limit bandwith?

Yes, exactly. Note that those limits are for a 24-hour period and reset each day.

Sunny-Moon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Does anyone know how 20 GB download limit calculated across the day? 

Is 20 GB limit equals something like 1 GB per hour?  Are there any other limits? Per IP-address, for example.

Asking, because  

I received Network Connection Error after downloading 20 files 50 MB each (approximetely 1 GB in total).  I was downloading the files one after another but not simultaneously

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Network Connection Error wouldn't be related to a bandwidth overage.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Sunny-Moon, thanks for checking in with us! 

In general, Dropbox accounts have the following limits to prevent abuse:

• Basic accounts: 20 GB of bandwidth and 100,000 downloads per day.
  • Plus/Professional/Business accounts: 200 GB and unlimited downloads per day.

You can find more info about this here and also check out this thread where other users have reported concern about traffic limits. 

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?