cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Badge not showing in Office 365

Dropbox Badge not showing in Office 365

mx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi - we have an enterprise MS Office account (MS Office 365 ProPlus) and a Dropbox Business Account

The Dropbox badge is no longer showing in any Office product.

- The files are stored in my Business Dropbox folder

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox to no avail

any ideas on how to get the badge working properly - I used to use it extensively

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey pedmunds, thanks a lot fo your ongoing cooperation while you were working with my colleagues! 

I’m just going to update this thread for future reference, as other users experiencing this issue may have a look at the solution that worked for you. 

Our higher level technician recommended that you rebuild your configuration settings by unlinking and relinking your Dropbox account to your computer. This will restore any settings which may have been changed without affecting or removing your files. Here are the steps to go about with this option: 

#1. Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock.
#2. Click on the :gear: icon & then select "Preferences".
#3. Select the Account tab 👤 . 
#4. Click the "Unlink" button in the Account tab.
#5. Your Dropbox will then prompt you to re-enter your account information.

Your account will then take a few moments to re-index your Dropbox folder and sync any pending changes before returning to normal activity. (Extra tip: You may need to restart your device once!)

Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @mx!

Initially, can you please check if you have the latest stable version installed (51.4.66). Keep in mind that a beta version can be recognized by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If youre on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. For this reason, I’d kindly suggest that you turn this off and install our stable build. 

Something else to ensure is that your Dropbox status shows as "Up to date” and that you have the Dropbox badge enabled. I’d also recommend having a look through this checklist and see if any of those do the trick for you. 

Let me know if you’re still having some trouble with it or if you have any more questions! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StewartHippie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil,

I have confirmed that I am on a stable build (53.4.67) and am not seeing Dropbox Badge.

Can you advise?

Joshua

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there Joshua, aka @StewartHippie. If you’re not seeing the Dropbox badge, I’d kindly recommend going through the checklist outlined in this article and, if you meet all the requirements mentioned, you can find out more info on how to turn it on (or off) here. Let me know if this helps! :innocent:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StewartHippie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Lusil,

I can confirm that my computer and the document meet all of the requirements for Dropbox Badge, and I have tested turning it to 'Never Show' and back to 'Always Show' in the preferences. For Excel and Word the Dropbox add-in is enabled. I saw the Badge yesterday, but it appears that my Office Apps updated during the off-hours as I had pop-ups for both detailing new features.

What other troubleshooting steps can I try to enable the badge? I cannot prompt it to appear by logging into the document from a second computer. Is there a way to force this to open?

Thanks,

Joshua

StewartHippie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello again Lusil,

I just confirmed with all of my coworkers that some kind of Office 365 update was pushed to our devices last night, our MS Office Apps all state "Office 365" on them, and we have 0 functionality for the Dropbox Badge.

Please advise on the best course of action.

Thanks,
Joshua

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again Joshua - @StewartHippie

Please bare in mind that, in case you have paired a personal and Dropbox Business accounts, the Dropbox badge will only appear on files saved in your Dropbox Business account. Considering this, a next step would be to check that you’re looking at your Dropbox Business account instead of your personal one.

If this is the case nonetheless or you’re not paired at all, let me know and I can contact you via email to the email address associated with your Forum profile so as to further investigate this. Let me know of any update! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

StewartHippie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Lusil, I appreciate your time!

I can confirm that across multiple files, all saved within our Dropbox Business shared folder, no one on our Operations team has access to Dropbox Badge, and we are a technically literate group.

Please feel free to reach out to me at the email address associated with my account. We make use of the Dropbox Badge as a critical piece of our document management infrastructure and the sooner the better, please!

Joshua

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the prompt reply, @StewartHippie

I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile so as to further investigate on the matter. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

pedmunds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same issue with the same build of Dropbox.  Could you please tell me who I should send an e-mail to?

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    cgamba New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    pedmunds New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?