cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox changed my font!

Dropbox changed my font!

Supercade
Explorer | Level 4
Dropbox has stated that it does not alter fonts... I just uploaded a Word document set in Helvetica Neue... I’m now viewing the .doc file on my phone and the font has been replaced with an extremely ugly and heavy sans serif font. I have viewed documents set in Helvetica Neue on my phone in other programs/apps without issue. So tell me what is going on. It looks ugly and my collaborators will see it like this if viewed on iPhone. It should have defaulted to Arial or Helvetica... I don’t even know what this awful font is.
8 Replies 8

Anastasios
Collaborator | Level 9

Dropbox didnt change the fonts but if the font you use is very special and cool

then the program (browser or app) that u use to view the files will replace it with the most available font ...

So it would be a good idea to use a "safe" font especially if you want to share it across many devices and lotsa people

Mark
Super User II
Also, remember that viewing on a mobile uses the mobile viewers and are previews only.

Once you download it back to a device it will be fine and back to the original layout etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Supercade
Explorer | Level 4
The Dropbox viewer should be defaulting to the closest available font, which would be Helvetica or Arial... makes no sense that it is defaulting to a heavy display font. This is an issue with the Dropbox viewer, not my phone. As I said, my phone displays other documents with this font no issue as Helvetica Neue is now a standard Apple font.

Anastasios
Collaborator | Level 9

Does that mean that Dropbox doesn't implement CORS for raw requests ?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We’d like to look into this further, could you please email us and forward a screenshot of both what the doc should look like, and what it previews as in the app?

This would be great so we can forward it to the appropriate team!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Supercade
Explorer | Level 4
I’d be happy to, but that link is just a form with no email address or means to attach files.

Mark
Super User II
You need to follow the prompts and if necessary attach files via ZenDesk later (http://dropbox.zendesk.com), or, by generating and sending a shared link to the file in question.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Supercade have you had the chance to subit a request on this? 

As @Mark suggested, it might be easy for you to create Dropbox shared links to the screenshots in question, in order for our team to get a visual understanding.

Feel free to write back once you have a ticket ID associated with your submission, so I can locate in on our back-end and we can look into it together. Thanks again, and of course we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and thoughts regarding the font style :slight_smile:

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Karina Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    Supercade Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Anastasios Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?