Known issues - updated Aug 14th see more

Export pictures to instagram

SOLVED
Go to solution
5 Comments
6 Kudos
Level 2

Export pictures to instagram

How do I share photos from dropbox to instagram on iphone? When I go to select my photo in the photo library (through my phone) I see 'All Photos', Favorites, Recently Added and Dropbox. However I cannot figure out how to share or move the photos from my folders in dropbox to appear in that section. 

If not, what is the easiest way to get the photos from my MacBook Pro to my iphone. I have Adobe Lightroom as well, but the plug in seems limited- it wants to make 3 seperate posts if I select 3 images to share, and I wanted them to appear as one post that you can slide to see more pics.

Or maybe I need the right app?

Thanks in advance!!

Lisa

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: How do I share photos from Dropbox to my Iphone Library?

Hey john17, great question, thanks for posting this question here, as I'm pretty sure others may have wondered as well! Robot

The steps have slightly changed on iOS 11, so here we go: 

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select Export”. 
  • On the menu that appears, navigate on the second line at the option Open in…”. There will be a second menu popping up &, on the first line, you should be given the option to Copy to instagram”. (Tip: On my device it was at the end of the line.) 

Hope this is the answer you were looking for, though I’m always here if you have have additional queries, just let me know in your next post. 
Wishing you a lovely rest of the day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

5 Replies
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Hey lisa8905

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, glad to help you with your request!

To put a photo from your Dropbox account on your iphone to instagram, you'll have to use the "Export" function:

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. 
  • On the menu that appears, Instagram shall be on the first line, otherwise, please go to the option "More". 

Secondly, to sync your photos from your MacBook Pro to your iphone through Dropbox, please create a new folder and copy-paste your pictures there. They will automatically appear on your phone as well. 

If you need further instructions, just let me know in your reply! 

Kind regards, 
JaneA

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Jane wrote:
  • On the menu that appears, Instagram shall be on the first line, otherwise, please go to the option "More". 

Hi Jane,
When exporting, instagram is not an available option in the "more' menu. Any idea how to add it to the menu in ios? 

Solution
Dropboxer

Hey john17, great question, thanks for posting this question here, as I'm pretty sure others may have wondered as well! Robot

The steps have slightly changed on iOS 11, so here we go: 

• Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select Export”. 
  • On the menu that appears, navigate on the second line at the option Open in…”. There will be a second menu popping up &, on the first line, you should be given the option to Copy to instagram”. (Tip: On my device it was at the end of the line.) 

Hope this is the answer you were looking for, though I’m always here if you have have additional queries, just let me know in your next post. 
Wishing you a lovely rest of the day ahead! 

Jane

Level 2

Hi Lisa,

Instagram doesnt appear for me when I try to export, even when I select more.

Are there some more settings needed to allow it to appear?

Jason

Dropboxer

Hey i-scenes, I hope my suggestions help you figure out the culprit & thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Forum on this Mobile-app query! 

• As a first step, can you make sure you’re running the latest version of the Dropbox application on your iphone phone (82.2), as well as OS updates? Additionally, updating instagram on your phone is also advisable (or making sure you've downloaded the latest version). 
  • Secondly, what options are you getting on your exporting options? Are you experiencing the same issue with other apps by any chance? 

Once I have this info, I’d be glad to analyze & work with you towards a fix!

Jane

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4359
Mark 3650
Jane 1190
Sanchez 975
Greg K. 885