File request deadlines

SOLVED
Go to solution
7 Comments
6 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

File request deadlines

I have a drop box file request that I opened in November with a deadline of February 1. I want to extend the deadline to 2/19 at 8:00 am, but every time I select the new date and click save, the date automatically changes to 6 days from today. Subsequently, I've had to remove the deadline entirely, which is less than ideal. Is this a bug?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: File request deadlines

Hey guys,

Good news here, our engineering team have identified the problem that causing file request deadlines to reset to 6/7 days after the current date. A fix was rolled out last night and now the expiration date specified on the file request is respected properly. 

Thanks all!

Frank 

7 Replies
Level 4

Most likely is a bug. I'd definetly report on the Beta Testers Section. 

@wrote:

I have a drop box file request that I opened in November with a deadline of February 1. I want to extend the deadline to 2/19 at 8:00 am, but every time I select the new date and click save, the date automatically changes to 6 days from today. Subsequently, I've had to remove the deadline entirely, which is less than ideal. Is this a bug?

Level 2

This is happening on the website - I'm not using the desktop or Android software, and those are the only options on the Beta testers section.

Level 4

Hmm... Try removing the deadline, refresh the page, then try to add it back again.

Level 4

There is also a support section that you could try asking in. Sorry! At the time I replied I didn't know abou that. I'm new here.

Super User II

Dropbox is aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Dropboxer

Hi all,

As Rich has mentioned above, we're currently aware of this issue and our engineering team is currently investigating the root cause of the problem in order to get a fix out. Thank you for flagging this issue and apologies for the inconvenience caused, once we have an update or ETA on the fix I'll update this thread!

Regards,

Frank

Solution
Dropboxer

Hey guys,

Good news here, our engineering team have identified the problem that causing file request deadlines to reset to 6/7 days after the current date. A fix was rolled out last night and now the expiration date specified on the file request is respected properly. 

Thanks all!

Frank 

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 5111
Mark 3805
Jane 1061
Tom_M 880
Greg K. 833