Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Folder and file sharing in Dropbox Professional

Level 2

In Dropbox Professional can I have multiple users in our office and control sharing amongst the users?

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Folder and file sharing in Dropbox Professional

Dropboxer

You can create a shared folder and invite other members to edit/view its content. By default, you’ll be the owner of the shared folder and you can find more info about the sharing permissions of each role (owner/edit/view only rights) listed in this article

You can also check out more details regarding shared links which give view-only rights to users, and since you’re referring to a Dropbox Professional subscription, there’s also the capability to change shared link permissions

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to accomplish, please don’t hesitate to get back to me. Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thank you so much for the quick response!  My apologies for not being more clear, but what I am trying to determine is if the other users in the office must have their own Dropbox account with enough storage space to accomodate their files.  If they are using a free Dropbox account there will not be enough space for the files.  I'm trying to decide if Dropbox for Business is a better fit for our company.  Thank you.

Super User II

@bxvlcomputer wrote:

... what I am trying to determine is if the other users in the office must have their own Dropbox account with enough storage space to accomodate their files.

Yes. A Professional account is a personal account, intended for one person. The storage space within the account is yours alone. Anyone you share a folder with will need their own account with enough storage to hold anything shared with them.

Level 2

Thanks!

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Folder and file sharing in Dropbox Professional
4 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post