cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder sharing history

Folder sharing history

fireglory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I see a list of users I shared a folder with? These users have lost their access privileges for the folder or do not use dropbox anymore.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks a lot for keeping in touch with me on this discussion here @fireglory!

So as to best address your inquiry according to the info we have on file for your account, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile (i.e. this way I’ll be able to access your account specifics internally to answer your follow-up questions) gathering all of the details you’ve included on that discussion. 

You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together; looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Sign-in to the Dropbox website, find the folder in your your Files list, and click the Share button to the right of it. The sharing options for that folder, along with a list of members, will open.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@fireglory), you should be able to see this detail (depending on whether you’re the shared folder "Owner" or you’ve been granted “Can Edit” permissions)  if you navigate to your folderstructure :play_button: go to the ellipsis icon 💬 on the shared folder in question 👥 & click on Events. This should re-direct you to a view outlining your sharing history. 

Hopefully this answers your question & please do let me know on this discussion in case you have more sharing-specific questions or you need any further assistance in any way. Thanks & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

fireglory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Unfortunately, there's no Events option for the folder.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for looping back to me so quickly @fireglory! Do you see the two-people icon on the folder (i.e. it should be similar to the one displayed on the screenshot I’m attaching below) incidentally?

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 1.22.24 PM.png

What are the options you’re seeing on your end? Have you also checked how you get on with Rich's advice? What do you see when you click on the Share button? 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

d3ef8e65dc5cbd2af6a2ef268af912bb.png

fireglory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The options list I can select from contains Share, Download, Star, Rename, Move, Copy, Delete.

If I press the Share button I'm being forwarded to an email form that enables the file/folder to be shared/linked to new users.

fireglory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, I'm aware of the Events options (as it is enabled for other folders that have active users linked to it) but it seems it's not available for the folder in question. 

The user I shared it with is no longer using Dropbox. However, the system suggests his address when I open the Share option as it has been imported into the system before.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for this detail @fireglory! Based on your last message, it looks like this folder used to be shared at a certain point however you’ve now unshared it with everyone you had previously granted access & this is now only visible to you (i.e. this scenario applies if you were the shared folder Owner). 

Alternatively, if your colleague was the shared folder Owner instead, then they have (in all likelihood) removed your access & you’re seeing a copy of the original share. Were you the shared folder owner or an editor incidentally? 

If any of the above applies, then the shared folder history should have been erased when you unshared it & you're now seeing a copy of the contents. 

Hopefully this sheds a bit of light on the matter & please do keep me know here if you have any follow-up questions or I have misunderstood your query in any way!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

fireglory
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I remember correctly I was the owner.

I haven't revoked the access privileges to the user. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Pheng New member | Level 2
    EP2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?