Did you mean: 

Granular access

SOLVED
2 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 3

Granular access

I plan to teach an online course. Students should be able to drop assignments that I only can access (into their "personal" folder). So, I must be able to setup personal folders that allow this kind of access. I should also be able to drop files into a student's personal folder that they only can access. There will be no team work.

What level of service will allow me to do this? Am I correct to assume that Plus is not sufficient? If that is true, then is Professional sufficient?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Granular access

Any level is sufficient, as you would need to create LOTS of shared folders in the format:

\\Course\Users\Share to Person 1
\\Course\Users\Share to Person 2 etc.

As each share is not inside another share there is no issue around granular access. It is just going to take time for you to set up.

You also need to make sure, and remember, that each and every individual user would need to have sufficient quota to access the share

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

2 Replies
Solution
Super User II

Any level is sufficient, as you would need to create LOTS of shared folders in the format:

\\Course\Users\Share to Person 1
\\Course\Users\Share to Person 2 etc.

As each share is not inside another share there is no issue around granular access. It is just going to take time for you to set up.

You also need to make sure, and remember, that each and every individual user would need to have sufficient quota to access the share

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hey sigurd, I second Mark’s advice! 

In fact, that would be an excellent idea to organize your course & also ensure that you have your personal space (aka shared folder) with each participant. 
I’d also recommend having a look at the File Requests feature that may also come handy. 

Let us know how these tips work for you here & wishing you the best for your lesson. Unicorn
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day ahead! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow