cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide usernames in 'modified by' on files

Hide usernames in 'modified by' on files

AlexK108
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox community! I often share materials that were not edited or uploaded by me. Is there any way to hide the username that is shown at the top left corner under the back button or replace it with mine? I don't want people to see who exactly uploaded or edited the file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, sorry.

The only work around would be to edit it yourself so it became Modified by you on the date you did it on.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, sorry.

The only work around would be to edit it yourself so it became Modified by you on the date you did it on.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AlexK108
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks! Does copying the file from one folder to another counts as modification?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
I'm not familiar with the area you're referring to, and I can't think of anywhere in Dropbox where I've seen a black button with the last modifier listed below it. What platform are you referring to? Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it here please?

The only places that I've known a name to be shown, which is usually the owner, cannot be changed.

AlexK108
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AlexK108 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?