cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Raymond uses Dropbox sync to access his files on any device at any time

How Raymond uses Dropbox sync to access his files on any device at any time

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

1500x500.png 

Meet Raymond, a seasoned Dropbox user who works in tech and uses Dropbox as his one stop shop for file storage. This is Raymond’s story…

What brought me to Dropbox
I needed a way to always have my files available on any computer or device that I was working on. In addition, I needed to make sure that my files were safe and always up to date.

Ensuring that files were up to date and available between a phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop was nearly impossible. In addition, when I used a flash drive as an attempted source of truth, I would often misplace or lose it, making my files unavailable and potentially lost.

How I use Dropbox
I consider Dropbox to be the new "My Documents" folder. Every document that I work on is saved to Dropbox and categorized into folders, much the same way I categorized docs into folders before Dropbox. When accessing files from other devices, I can choose to use the mobile app, web client, or desktop app to ensure that I'm always able to get access to the files that I need at any time.

The three features that have been the most impactful include:

• Syncing files between computers and devices: Every file that I work on now lives in Dropbox and I always know that my latest version is available to me on any device.
  • Easily generating shareable links: When I have to share files with other people, I can easily generate a link to that file. The link (as opposed to a file attachment) will always be automatically updated when I save a change to a file.
  • Smart Sync: On my laptop, I'm able to save space by enabling Smart Sync. This ensures that only the files I absolutely need are locally downloaded, but I can access any of the other files in my Dropbox at any time.

Tips for the community
  • Give Dropbox a try. It's painless (you can even change it so the documents folder is automatically the Dropbox folder), comes with 2 GB of storage free forever to try it out, and gives you peace of mind to know your documents are always safe.

Do you use Dropbox in a similar way? Have questions for Raymond about their workflow? Reply below with your thoughts!

0 Replies 0
Need more support?