cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox?

How do I save Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox?

Miles T.2
New member | Level 1

I am trying to figure out an easy way to save my Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox. Is there an easy way to do it?

22 Replies 22

Rich
Super User II

You can store them in a PST file that is stored in your Dropbox, but make absolutely certain that you close Outlook before you try to access the same PST file on another computer.

Alan M.8
New member | Level 2

Miles - if you'd like a really easy way to do this there is an add in product from Repstor called affinity that allows you to directly save emails and attachments - Dropbox appears as a Folder location in Outlook - and any email filed this way remains fully accessible in Outlook, if you have lots of folders in Dropbox for managing say projects or the like the filing mechanisms are great.You can get a trial copy here http://www.repstor.com/products-for-ecm-adoption/try-our-software?prod=affinity

Liz I.1
New member | Level 1

I am switching to MAC and want to save all my folders and emails from MS in dropbox or import them to my mac?  any suggestions or step-by-step help appreciated 🙂 

Mervyn P.
New member | Level 1

I am switching to MAC and want to save all emails and email folders from my old PC  to the  dropbox and later import them to my mac? Step-by-step by activation will be appreciated : 

Lynnette H.
New member | Level 1

I am switching websites and hosts soon and I will no longer have Outlook, but will have a Google email account.  I need to save my existing emails for documentation related to state grant work.  How can I backup my existing emails to my PC? 

Alan M.8
New member | Level 2

Hi Lynette

As per the earlier note the Repstor affinity product will allow you to take email across to dropbox (each email is added as a .msg file).  You can copy over entire Outlook folder hierarchies if needed.

Once moved you just need a viewer that can open .msg files - I'm not sure if GMail allows you to do that.

You can get a trial copy here http://www.repstor.com/products-for-ecm-adoption/try-our-software?prod=affinity

Rich
Super User II

Or you can use the tools you already have, for free, and export your mail items to an Outlook PST file.

You'll be able to continue accessing the PST file in Outlook even when your account changes.

Alan M.8
New member | Level 2

Not much use if you don't have outlook and want to access the email later Rich which is how I read Lynette's query.......

Rich
Super User II

If she's referring to the Outlook app on her PC, why would she no longer have that just because she's changing email providers? She doesn't have to uninstall it, and could continue to access the PST files with it.

If she's just talking about an Outlook.com account (which wasn't specified) then yes, the PST file will not help and she'll need to look for another solution, of which there are many ways to migrate email from Outlook.com to Gmail or to just back it up to her computer without requiring a purchase (many, many results with a simple Google search).

Also, keep in mind that these are the Dropbox support forums and they shouldn't be used to advertise third-party products. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    John F.84 New member | Level 1
    Sam C.23 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?