cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off email notifications for files submitted in response to my file request?

How do I turn off email notifications for files submitted in response to my file request?

MorganJReynolds
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've just sent out a request to 500 people for file submissions and am receiving emails every time someone submits a file. Any way to turn this off?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, you can change your email notification settings from your Notifications in the website, but there ins’t currently an option regarding file requests

However, I’d be more than happy though to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

If you have any other ideas you’d like to share or questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to us. Thanks! :grinning:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, you can change your email notification settings from your Notifications in the website, but there ins’t currently an option regarding file requests

However, I’d be more than happy though to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

If you have any other ideas you’d like to share or questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to us. Thanks! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

v100
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hard to understnad why this is marked solved when it doesnt address the question and basically say no, you will get an email whether you like it or not.

gkrahn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have several 'Request Files' folders for students to submit assignments and everytime a student uploads a document, I get an email notification.  I've unchecked all the boxes for notifications yet still get these emails.  Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I don't believe there's an option to disable notifications for File Requests.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, just jumping in here!

Rich is indeed right, there isn't currently an option to turn off notifications for files received via a file request.

However, we do have a request for this feature here, were I can suggest sharing your support for with an upvote.

Sorry that we can't be of much more help with this at the moment, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
    gkrahn New member | Level 2
    v100 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?