cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you confirm a folder you shared has been shared?

How do you confirm a folder you shared has been shared?

Prime T.
New member | Level 1

I looked through the FAQs till I was crosseyed 🙂 How do I confirm if a Shared folder has been received and shared?

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II

If you invited someone to a shared folder they will appear on the Sharing page under that share.

Prime T.
New member | Level 1

Thank You!
I had shared a link evidently to a folder, instead of the folder itself for collaboration and edit.

Tony I.
New member | Level 1

So if you share a "link" how do you know if the person got it? I sent links to a few people with comments in the text field. Presumable this was sent by email but I can find no record of it. Is the fact that a link was sent, and to whom, along with my comments,reside somewhere on the site? It sure wasn't copied to my Outlook sent folder which I use for all email.

Prime T.
New member | Level 1

I found that if I go back to "Files" and attempt to "Share" again, a window will pop up and tell who I shared with and downloaded, and whose share is still pending.
G

Rich
Super User II

So if you share a "link" how do you know if the person got it?

You don't, unless you ask them yourselves.

Is the fact that a link was sent, and to whom, along with my comments,reside somewhere on the site?

There's a list of the links you've created on the Links page but there's no record kept of whom you've sent them to or whether or not they were received. Most of us that need confirmation will create the link but send it using our own email client.

Rich
Super User II

I found that if I go back to "Files" and attempt to "Share" again, a window will pop up and tell who I shared with and downloaded, and whose share is still pending.

You can get to that page directly by clicking on Sharing on the left side of the page.

Chris_J
Super User

if you use a url shortener service like bitly, then it will record any action taken on that link

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Tony I.
New member | Level 1

Thanks, all, for your help. I'll just copy the link and email it myself to I have a record of it.

James S.48
New member | Level 1

Dropbox:  please build into your system a send receive folder.  Very inconvenient to have to communicate with the receiver to see if they actually received the file or folder...

Need more support?