Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I can't create a share link

Level 2
I am trying to share a video with someone, but I can't create the share link. When I first try to share it, it says "failed to load shared file information" then when I try to create a link, it said "something went wrong, and we aren't able to create a shared link" help me.
14 Replies

Re: I can't create a share link

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @FunTime - let's take a look now.

As I'm not familiar with the exact error you mentioned, could you share a screenshot so we can have a visual as well? While we're at it, do you get the same error message on other browsers and/or after having cleared your browser's cache?

Could you try an incognito or private browsing window and let me know if this persists? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I'm encountering the same issue. Any resolution?

I'm using a Samsung device.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @mrt9576  - could you try clearing the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

To do this on your Android device:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache”.

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Should, in any case, the issue persist for you, please send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a better understanding of the matter at hand.

Thanks!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

I have the same problem on my iPad, iPhone and online account problem : I can’t create a link of any new uploaded files ....the old uploaded files which I have created links at this time I uploaded them last year work fine ..

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that Michael; are you getting any errors? Could you share a screenshot

Could you also please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?
To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

If you could confirm that you're using the latest versions of your iOS devices OS and our app's as well, that'd be great! 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there @MichaelGeorgi!

Walter

Level 2

All the solutions are useless. FB application absolutely unnecessary, it needs to be corrected when everyone sees spam or robots.

Dropboxer

I'm sorry, I'm not following @howwill; could you elaborate on your query please? 

Walter

Level 2

Same here. Logged out, cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, logged back in...same error.
Android 8.1.0, Dropbox app 140.2.6

0.jpg

1.jpg

Level 3
This is happening to me. Older files already uploaded are fine, I can create a share link. New files, which I uploaded last night using the desktop app, unable to create a link. It’s doing my head in now.
Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't create a share link
14 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post