Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

11 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Level 5

Installation on Windows 10 throws a popup where the text cannot be read. What does it say?

Please can someone help?  I've installed Dropbox but  cannot finish it because the popup won't let me see all the words. 

So it says

Add...........

Get to your Dropbox Files more Quickly by adding Dropbox to your open a............

Both sentences are cut off and I cannot make the popup larger so I have no clue what I am supposed to do? 

I have an image but could not add it. 

What the frack is it telling me to do?

2 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: Intallation on Windows 10 throws a popup where the text cannot be read. What the heck does it

No worries, I understand @Mary J.17!

I found that the message was about adding files to your account and how to add Dropbox as a place to your MS Office  which gives you the option to open, share, and save files using Dropbox from within Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. 

I hope this clears things up for you Mary. If there's anything else I can do to help with this, please let me know! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Re: Intallation on Windows 10 throws a popup where the text cannot be read. What the heck does it

Odd I answered this yesterday but it didn't post.  Oh well.  It's funny yesterday I was busy intalling other applications and boom in the middle of it the popup re-appeared.  This time it was fully there. 

Thanks so much for your help!

11 Replies
Dropboxer

Hey there Mary ( @Mary J.17) - sorry to hear about this, have you tried restarting your computer?

If that does not help, go ahead and try re-installing the application using our offline installer or provide a screenshot of what you see. 

Thanks in advance for your reply and cooperation on this one Mary. 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 5

Thank Walter, no I've not restarted it.  I will try possibly on Sunday.  It is my work computer, that I just recieved today (had a Windows 7 computer for 5 years).   And yeah maybe you are right since I had no problem on this computer (also Windows 10). 

If I get it again I'll upload a screenshot of what it looks like.  the main thing I was worried about is how well Dropbox would function on that computer but obviously it did not tell me what it wanted to say slightly smiling face.  

I didn't think of using the offline installation.  That may work if the other one does not.

I'll be back once I get a chance.

Thanks again!

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift response Mary ( @Mary J.17) - most appreciated.

Please go ahead and take your time to try this out - keep me posted!

If there's anything I can help with in the meantime, just let me know. Have a lovely weekend!

PS: Enjoy your new Windows 10 computer Mary desktop

Walter

Level 5

Hey well even though it asked me to install something but I could not see what they were talking about.  The Dropbox is open and running fine.  So I guess I'll ignore what I could not see and what I could do with the installation.  If it is important then they better dang fix it so that I could see what the h*** they were saying.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear you resolved your concern in the end Mary ( @Mary J.17_) - note that a screenshot of what you described could probably help us see what this message refers to - if you manage to capture a screengrab of it, send it along; should you wish to look further into this, that is!

Thanks and have a lovely Monday! 

Walter

Level 5

Oh I take screen shots every day and sorry I forgot to add it.  The popup would not allow me to change the size so knowing what the heck it was trying to tell me........ nope no idea.

thanks again.

Droboxheadaach.png

Dropboxer

A screenshot of your whole screen would be much better @Mary J.17! Could you do that for me please? 

Walter

Level 5

I'm sorry but I'm clueless.  There was nothing on the monitor except the background and that was the laptop and one monitor both the same - nothing else but the popup. 

Sadly I tried to re-install it and nothing popped up.   So I uninstalled it and re-installed it.   No popup.

But that said the monitors only were wallpaper.  Nothing else.........so I am clueless what you expect to see except my artwork.   If you want me to send you images of those......... my thought is thanks but no thanks.......... well if you want my artwork............ but my artwork images do not affect anything (well I suppose they could if I added data to the image). 

Dropboxer

No worries, I understand @Mary J.17!

I found that the message was about adding files to your account and how to add Dropbox as a place to your MS Office  which gives you the option to open, share, and save files using Dropbox from within Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. 

I hope this clears things up for you Mary. If there's anything else I can do to help with this, please let me know! 

Walter

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Sharing and collaboration.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post