cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Is there a way to merge two Dropbox accounts?

Level 2

Hi guys. I've merged personal account with my friends business account by mistake. He is on trial and I've been on monthly plan. Now I'm freaking out if he's not going to subscribe I'm gonna loose all my files. Is there any chance to undo it, split it apart?

3 Replies

Re: Is there a way to merge two Dropbox accounts?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Marcel, if you’ve joined a Dropbox Business team, then only the team admin can remove your account from the team.

They can follow the steps from this article in order to your convert your account to a personal account away from the team.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thanks Jay, 

that's highly helpful and reassuring. However, after I'm converted back to the individual account, will my account be the same as before joining the business account. Specifically, will I be on the same price plan, etc...?  

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Assuming this is only a trial for the Dropbox Business team, then your paid personal account should still be active.

If it was a paid account, then you’ll get a prorated refund for the remainder of the subscription. You can check your receipts to see if there was a refund there.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way to merge two Dropbox accounts?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post