cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Is there a way to see a list of all of my shared files?

Level 4

How do I see a list of all of my shared files?

7 Replies

Re: Is there a way to see a list of all of my shared files?

Dropboxer

You can see a list of all the shared folders you have yet to add to your account on the Sharing tab. If you’d like to see shared folders that are already in your account already, you can locate them by:
  1. If a folder is shared, you will tell by the icon in the center of the folder that looks like two little people, in relation to regular folder that doesn’t have it. 
  2. If you select in one of your sorting options to view Type, shared folders and regular folders will be named accordingly. 
Below, I attached a screenshot of what the above examples look like so as to get a better idea of what I describe. Shared folder examples.png
Finally, please note that although selecting Members in your sorting options will show you how many members have access to a folder, a folder can still be shared and show only you if it’s not yet unshared. You can find more info regarding this here

I hope this helps to some extent! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Thank you for your response!

I tried both ways and i can't get a listo of my shared folders that is correct.

Sharing Tab does not show all the files I have shared and sorting options does not have a tab for Shared Files on my drop down list. It has Type, but not Shared Files.

The reason a list would be good is so I will not have to go through all files that may have a file within a file that was shared.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again, @getaway

Highlighted

Super User II

@getaway 

Sadly Dropbox very stupidly removed the exact feature you are looking for. @Lusil has given you an attempted botched way to view Shares as is now. However, the old one page list did exactly as you wanted.... ridiculous decision.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Thank you @Mark  for letting me know. I wasted time trying to do something that was not possible.

Wow, so they had it where you could get a shared list, but they took it away? Not good, shame on you Dropbox! I am a business and I need simplicity to keep my business running smoothly. With what I am paying, @Lusil I should be able to do this simple task.

Thanks again for the heads up, @getaway

Dropboxer
Hey again, @getaway

I understand where you’re coming from, so I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration on this. 

If there’s anything else I can help with, please don’t hesitate to get back to me and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Level 2
bgmn cara nya agar feil bs terbuka lagi

Dropboxer
Hey @shynta, although we currently don’t offer support in Indonesian, I’d be more than happy to help! 

What are you trying to open? A shared folder, a shared file, the Sharing tab? Any additional information would be very helpful. 

Thanks! slightly smiling face

Lusil

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way to see a list of all of my shared files?
7 Replies
3 Likes