cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

Michael M.84
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to send a link to someone and I have the file saved to my dropbox but I don't have the option to share the dropbox link. This just started as I shared a link a few weeks ago.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hey folks,

This might be because we're interfering with other Finder extensions (Creative cloud etc) you may have running on your computer.

While we're working on fixing the bug with Apple, you *could* disable the other Finder extensions in System Preferences > Extensions > Finder:

></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Try it, and let me know if that works.</p>

View solution in original post

53 Replies 53

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

are you sure the file is in your Dropbox folder? Do you see the other options ("view on dropbox.com"?)

Brian C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mine is gone too. Has been for a week or two. Since I updated OSX it now only lets me share via Apple or other services...but no Dropbox 😞

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@Brian C, did you check to make sure the file is saved in your Dropbox folder on your Computer?

Joanne L.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am also having the same problem and it just started happening. I no longer see the Share Dropbox link

Donna K.14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am experiencing this as well. I use this feature all the time, and today it's gone. I did verify that the file I want to share is in my Dropbox folder. Can someone please help us with this question? Thanks!

Roy R.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Having this problem too. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and Dropbox 3.8.8.

It appears I have lost "Finder integration" I no longer see sync status icons next to my files, or have access to Dropbox's contextual menu options by right-clicking on files.

According to this Dropbox help document, I should not be affected as it states:

"This issue only affects Macs that have OS X 10.10 Yosemite installed and have installed the Dropbox desktop client. This does not affect users running OS X version 10.9.5 or lower."

Please help! Sharing files and folders are a real inconvenience without the contextual menu options.

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Roy R, do you have Dropbox running and synced? Is the Dropbox app logo in the system tray at the top of your mac (on the right side, near the date and time)?

Any additional info / a screenshot would really help.

Roy R.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Anvisha,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, Dropbox is running and in my menu bar (see attached screen grab) and my files are syncing.

Note, however, no green check marked file icons, nor an ability to access the contextual menu via right clicking to share a folder/file.

></p>

Donna K.14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I rebooted my computer and the menu options returned. I'm running Yosemite.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

C L.3 New member | Level 1
    freakatiki f. New member | Level 1
    amy e.2 New member | Level 1
    Aju George K. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?