SOLVED
Go to solution
2 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
NE1 Level 2
Level 2

Need 7.1GB

I have been invited to share a file for the purpose of my training course, as I am a student studing social media. However the file is too big and it states that I have to upgrade to a paying package to access. I can't seem to see any T&Cs. Do I have to pay, or can the folder be reduced in anyway for me to access? If I pay, is it a one off payment, or subscription?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Need 7.1GB

Hi there, a free Dropbox account comes with 2 GB of quota. Paid accounts, which are subscription-based, start at 1 TB quota for individuals. It isn't possible to purchase a one-off fee to permanently increase your quota.

You can have the person sharing the folder with you to share the folder as a link. While you can't add or edit files in that link, you can download the files onto your computer.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

2 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hi there, a free Dropbox account comes with 2 GB of quota. Paid accounts, which are subscription-based, start at 1 TB quota for individuals. It isn't possible to purchase a one-off fee to permanently increase your quota.

You can have the person sharing the folder with you to share the folder as a link. While you can't add or edit files in that link, you can download the files onto your computer.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Super User II

You could also subscribe with a monthly payment of $9.99 (it defaults to Yearly, so make sure you change it) and then cancel the next day. You'll keep the Plus account until the month expires, and then you'll be downgraded back to a Basic account automatically.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4916
Mark 3867
Jane 1105
Greg K. 825
Tom_M 886