cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: new shared file notification

Dropbox shared folder notifications

MedZegui
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to get notified on changes made to a shared folder, because I don't get notified when another person changes stuff to my shared folder.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can enable desktop notifications for all changes in your Dropbox within Preferences of the Dropbox client.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can enable desktop notifications for all changes in your Dropbox within Preferences of the Dropbox client.

MedZegui
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello, thank you for your answer.
Well I made sure it's checked but still, I'm not notified.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
These would be desktop notifications, and depending on your operating system, they may not be persistent. That means if you're not at your computer to see the notification arrive, you would miss it. That's how it is on Windows 7. On Windows 10, if you have notifications enabled, the notifications will persist in the Action Center. I'm not familiar with how they work on Mac.

ak71
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there any way my clients can get an email notification when I add a new file to their shared folder? I am on Dropbox Pro

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, I'm afraid not.

You are going to need to inform them yourself, or, hope they have the software installed and that they see the notification that pops up on screen for a few seconds when files are changed.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ak71
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

This would seem a pretty basic yet important function to include. Why would Dropbox not consider giving the user the option to include this? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
They dont give roadmaps or features out etc.

But my personal opinion is that there would be simply too many emails to send on a daily basis that would make it too unreliable and server intense - and the fact it would probably be marked as spam constantly.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?