cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Link Code when using Single Sign-on from home

No Link Code when using Single Sign-on from home

Kyle R.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello,

My organization has enabled single sign-on for our dropbox work accounts. I managed to download the dropbox client on my work computer and use single sign-on just fine there. However, at home, I have downloaded the client and when I go to use single sign-on I input my work email address and click next and I never receive a code.  Nothing happens.  
Thanks for any advice on how to proceed.

Kindly,

Kyle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey jcmcconnell 

Thanks for getting in touch on Community about that!  

Just a very quick question on that: Are you the only one on your team experiencing this issue? 

The best troubleshooting advice I could give you at the moment would be to try collecting any information about the issue you have experienced and ask your admin to call in to us through the admin console. This will help him/her expedite resolution.  

Hope this helps!  

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Kent H.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

We have the same issue with our SSO.  I believe the problem is that we use SAML 2.0 (IdP Initiated) for the Dropbox integration with our SSO.  This requires we return to a fixed URL after logging in but to get the Link Code you need to return to a different URL, if I am correct then SAML based SSO with Dropbox Link Codes the way they are currently done will NEVER work. 

bhabermann
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
We are having the same issues. Does anyone have a resolution to this?

bhabermann
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
To follow up for anyone else having similar issues, we are using PingFederate for our SSO. SSO works without issue when using the the web login but if you try to login using the DropBox client for windows, you'll never receive the link code like what was posted above. What we found out is that when dropbox is sending us to Ping to authenticate, in the URL string you'll see somewhere in there relaystate. If you change relaystate to TargetResource in the address bar and refresh the page, you'll get your link code. We still aren't sure how to have dropbox send targetresource instead of relaystate.

Vicky
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there,

Can you please contact us directly from your Admin Console?

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

rkorn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
We have exactly the same problem. Already opened a support case. Is there any solution?

bhabermann
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to remember exactly what we did but I know we made a change on the drop box sign in URL. it should be set to something like:

https://example.com:9031/idp/SSO.saml2

I'm not sure if you are using PingFederate or not but then we had to login to there and under the SAML connection for dropbox we had to go to the General Info tab and change the Partner Identity ID to just read Dropbox.

That fixed the issue for us.

rkorn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
We are using CAS 5.0.0, which uses a fully compatible SAML v2. IdP. As a result we have to generate the Dropbox Metadata on our own. The docs say, that Dropbox uses a HTTP-Redirect Binding from SP to IdP, so we used cas.example.com/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO as login url. Maybe thats to specific. I dont know.

jcmcconnell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Is there any way to resolve this? Having the same problem with the dropbox client here. No link code is ever forthcoming.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey jcmcconnell 

Thanks for getting in touch on Community about that!  

Just a very quick question on that: Are you the only one on your team experiencing this issue? 

The best troubleshooting advice I could give you at the moment would be to try collecting any information about the issue you have experienced and ask your admin to call in to us through the admin console. This will help him/her expedite resolution.  

Hope this helps!  

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    nxbalas New member | Level 2
    srogalla New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?