Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

One of our members can't see or access our folder

Level 3

A shared member of a folder can no longer see or access the folder. I can see the folder fine, but she cannot anymore-this is a recent happening, she has been able to access for years.. Here e-mail is the same, nothing has changes that we know. she is having no problem with other dropbox memebers and their folders. Please Help!

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: member can't access folder

Dropboxer
Hey there (@jocho), just to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you clarify whether you’re the shared folder Owner? If so, then you can see her within the list of participants when you’re click on “Share”? 

It’s possible that she’s accidentally removed her access form the share & it would be useful to have a look at the pointers below: 

Spoiler
  • Can you ask her to look up for the folder name on the Search box 🔍 on the top-right hand corner on her Account? If my assumption above applies, maybe she’s left the Share , which can be added back through her Sharing tab. 
  • It would be worth mentioning that she could also visit her Deleted Files page for recent deletions. Would you mind asking her to check out there, too? 
Please do let me know of your findings & I’ll make sure to check back with you soon. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: One of our members can't see or access our folder

Level 3

Hello Jane,

Thanks for the reply and the good info!  Yes, I am the folder owner and it does show that her folder is shared and linked. It has worked for acouple years now and then all of a sudden her folders are gone. A third member of the folder is receiving information fine.

I will give the information pointers that yoiu supplied and see if tht does the trick...seems like it should! I will keep you informed.

Thanks again!

Joe

Level 3

Hi Jane,

Kim checked her dropbox as you suggested. Attached is what it shows on her dropbox ( "KIM'S DROPBOdizzy face. She checked deleted files and the folder is not there. She only has the folders there now by getting it from the other user (Jennifer) of the folder who transferred her working folders to Kim's dropbox. It's interesting that the Kim;s folder says she is owner ( I thought that would be me). And also Jennefer's name is not on her folder like it is on mine (attached "JOE'S DROPBOX")

If you have any further suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

I choose two files repreenting the attachment images, but can't tell if they are here for you to view or not? 

Dropboxer
Thanks a lot for all your cooperation & taking the time to compile this in-depth explanation here @jocho. So as to check back on your account specifics on our tools, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Community profile, gathering all the details on our discussion here. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. 

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you & enjoy rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hi Jane,

Hi Hane,

I have not recieved any e-mails from you. I can't find any info about my e-mail on the Community profile? My email is [email address removed according to our Community Guidelines] if that is where you need to contact me-it's th one Iuse for my Dropbox account. Any further information you can provide would be helpful..the issues still remain unsolved....thanks,

Joe

Dropboxer

Thanks for the nudge @jocho; I’ve received your last email & I’ve just sent you a brief message back. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you get a chance & we’ll take it from there!

Jane

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

One of our members can't see or access our folder
6 Replies
0 Likes