cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page display settings for pdf documents

Page display settings for pdf documents

jdserwer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am attempting to share a pdf document via dropbox that was originally formatted as a facing page book. The correct way for the pdf to be viewed is with the "Two-Page View" in adobe acrobat. I have saved the pdf so that it defaults to that view setting in acrobat, but when I upload it to dropbox it always previews as single pages instead of two pages side-by-side as intended. Is there a way to change the preview settings in dropbox so that it displays correctly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Oh I see, sorry to hear that @jdserwer - I've already reached out to the email address you use for your forum's profile with some questions so we can have a better look into this with all of my tools at my disposal.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:8700942 ) when you get the chance and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your swift response and talk to you via email soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @jdserwer - how are you today? 

Out of curiosity, does this persist on other browsers and/or an incognito window?

Note that the Dropbox website does not have online editing capabilities. It will only show you a preview of your files (as they look like when they're uploaded in their original form - they won't be able to keep their preview settings made within a 3rd party app like Adobe Acrobat). 

In order to edit a file (so as these changes are then reflected on its preview as well) you will have to open it locally on your computer (and use the appropriate 3rd party software like Adobe Acrobat to do this). In the preview, you should see an “Open” button which will allow you to do so: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/desktop-web/open-button

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if I'm missing something here. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

jdserwer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your response. I have actually already edited the pdf in acrobat prior to uploading to dropbox. I set the pdf document properties so that the default view was Two-Page rather than single page and resaved it locally. I then uploaded it to dropbox, but noticed that the page display setting does not seem to have any affect on the way that dropbox previews the pdf. It's unfortunate since that's the kind of preview setting that one would like to be able to control--especially for pdfs that are formatted to be printed as books (my case) and so captions often appear on the facing page.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Oh I see, sorry to hear that @jdserwer - I've already reached out to the email address you use for your forum's profile with some questions so we can have a better look into this with all of my tools at my disposal.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:8700942 ) when you get the chance and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your swift response and talk to you via email soon!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

imuf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Walter, 

I am having the same issue, it's such a pity that you don't share solutions on the forum but email privately.

Can you kindly advise on the way to view already set as two facing pages pdfs?

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry about this @imuf; at the moment, we don't currently support Two Page View in Preview, however we are always looking for user input regarding our website and its features so I will make sure your comments are passed along to our development team.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime please.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    imuf New member | Level 2
    jdserwer New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?