cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing more than one file at a time

Printing more than one file at a time

bririv1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If you are trying to print more than one file at a time, you can stop wasting your time because it is not possible.  However, I found the closest work-a-round is to print out each file/doc in a stack than scan it through as a whole file to upload and you will be able to print a large number of copies and collate as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @bririv1

That's a great question, let's look into that together!

Please keep in mind that, as @dbeato mentioned above, printing is not a functionality withing Dropbox and, when it comes to shared links, it‘s dependent on your browser’s limitations. 

To get past that, you could select the Save to Dropbox” option on the shared link you receive, which will sync down these files to your computer. Once downloaded, you could queue your files to print, as you would do locally with a batch of files on your computer. 

Hope this is helpful! Let me know how this fix works for you in your reply. 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dbeato
Super User alumni
Go to solution

@bririv1 wrote:

If you are trying to print more than one file at a time, you can stop wasting your time because it is not possible.  However, I found the closest work-a-round is to print out each file/doc in a stack than scan it through as a whole file to upload and you will be able to print a large number of copies and collate as well.

Are you doing this from withing Dropbox or what integration? this would be a limitation of your workstation OS  instead of Dropbox. 

bririv1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

From within Dropbox... that's where I received a link from and that's where the limitation exists.

If I receive a link to 150 different files in a Dropbox folder and I follow the link to access said files I will have to open each file separately and print individually because there is no option otherwise.

PS. A superuser already stated same in another post.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @bririv1

That's a great question, let's look into that together!

Please keep in mind that, as @dbeato mentioned above, printing is not a functionality withing Dropbox and, when it comes to shared links, it‘s dependent on your browser’s limitations. 

To get past that, you could select the Save to Dropbox” option on the shared link you receive, which will sync down these files to your computer. Once downloaded, you could queue your files to print, as you would do locally with a batch of files on your computer. 

Hope this is helpful! Let me know how this fix works for you in your reply. 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

FirEyes
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If all the files on adobe are combined with PDFs, check the options for pdf portfolio in the window, before clicking the final combine button. This handles the file as all individual files, but you can concurrently submit the whole file collection with equivalent choices. You can then add the separators in the print configuration and print a sheet of paper between each separate file. You can also double-sided per file on the next file without a file which is three pages double-sided. Nevertheless, you will then be able to submit other file sets and don't need to pick them by computer manually. :). :). Hope that helps!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

FirEyes Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    bririv1 Explorer | Level 4
    dbeato Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?